Quick launch summary
In Google Docs, you’ll now see out-of-office information when replying to or mentioning other users in a comment. When mentioning a single user in a new comment or thread, you’ll see the OOO banner and information on when they plan to return.
- Admins: There is no admin control for this feature. Visit the Help Center to learn more about adding information to a user’s Directory profile.
- End users: No action required, you’ll automatically see OOO information when replying to or mentioning a user in a comment. Visit the Help Center to learn more about setting your OOO status, sharing your calendar, or how to stop sharing availability information with other apps.
- Rapid Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on January 26, 2021
- Scheduled Release domains: Gradual rollout (up to 15 days for feature visibility) starting on February 15, 2021
- Available to Google Workspace Essentials, Business Starter, Business Standard, Business Plus, Enterprise Essentials, Enterprise Standard, and Enterprise Plus, as well as G Suite Basic, Business, Education, Enterprise for Education, and Nonprofits customers